Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Land Ho!

Hello friends,

Well, I finally made it to London! After a 9 hour flight from Denver, I landed at about noon yesterday. Yesterday was a fabulous day, with gorgeous weather. I wandered around with Marc and Alex in London, and at the recommendation of someone at our Hostel, we took a ferry down the curvy Thames to Greenwich, where we wandered around some more, saw the observatory and the clock, stepped across the Prime Meridian, and just generally enjoyed ourselves. We timed it just right so the trip back was at sunset, and we just happened to be heading west.

Hostel life is pretty uncomplicated. I'm on the bottom of three bunk beds, which I keep hitting my head on. There's twelve guys total in a room slightly smaller than my freshmen dorm. And still, I slept like a baby. This morning I took I nice cold shower, which made me really thankful for the short hair. After breakfast, we're going to hop on a bus tour and be super touristy for the day. I'll take lots of pictures and hopefully I'll find a way to post them up here!
posted by Michael at 3:12 AM -
2 Comments:
  • At June 2, 2009 at 4:58 AM, Blogger Ben Oliver said…

    Welcome to London Michael! Hope you have a great time...

     
  • At June 2, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Michael, Reading and enjoying your blog. Where'd you learn to write like that? Exterior of house is being painted. Will have to take pictures of it. They've sanded down to bare wood! Maybe it will finally last. Glad you're having a good time...watch your head! Dad

     

Post a Comment

Where am I?

The trip is over, and I'm back in the USA planning my next adventure!

 

Top Posts

My Itinerary!

 

Credits



www.eurailblog.com

 

Follow me on