Sunday, March 22, 2009
Is this really happening?
Please let me first introduce myself for those stumbling onto this blog who may not already be acquainted with me or the general origins of this blog. My name is Michael Goldberg and I am a soon-to-be graduate of the Rochester Institute of Technology (Rochester, NY) with a BS in mechanical engineering. I have 8 pesky credits until I am all done up in the frozen north, and I have decided to defer the completion of those 8 credits until this fall, so that I may do something more enjoyable with what may be the last free summer I have before my hair turns gray. 

Enter the Europe trip. After returning back from a euphoric 10-day trip to Israel last summer, my friend Marc Weil made the point that since we obviously enjoy travel, we should do more of it. A few months went by when Marc informed me that he had begun saving money for a trip to Europe next summer and I had better start doing the same. Marc being an intelligent and productive, not to mention resourceful guy, had multiple streams of income while also taking a full schedule at school, whereas I am, shall we say, a slow learner, and did not have all the free time with which to make money while taking classes. Thankfully my Dad, being the wise fellow that he is, decided to underwrite most of the trip for me as a kind of pre-graduation graduation gift. I'm a lucky kid, believe me I know.

Fast forward about 4 months, and we have the majority of the trip planned out, including a more or less complete itinerary for our 66 days in Europe (May 30-August 3). In addition, our plane tickets and rail passes are purchased and our hostels are reserved.

By my calculations, we have a little less than 10 weeks before we begin our two months of meandering through foreign lands. Check back in a few days when I'll give a little more detail about the trip and why we're so excited. Thanks for reading!

posted by Michael at 4:00 PM -
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Where am I?

The trip is over, and I'm back in the USA planning my next adventure!

 

Top Posts

My Itinerary!

 

Credits



www.eurailblog.com

 

Follow me on